December 21, 2017
Have you suffered from dental damage that’s now causing you pain? Maybe your tooth has been cracked from one of your favorite crunchy foods and it’s only getting worse.
Although dental pain is never good news to face, there is a silver lining: you may be able to repair your teeth with dental crowns in Rockville. In fact, there are a few options to choose from when you consider restoring your smile with dental crowns. Learn more in this week’s blog post.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a thin, tooth-shaped covering that’s expertly crafted from your local dentist. Dental crowns fit right over the damaged tooth to instantly restore its structure and function.
Dental crowns can be used to solve a number of tooth issues, including:
- Piecing together a broken tooth.
- Restoring broken or worn teeth.
- Restoring the shape and function of severely decayed teeth.
- Covering misshapen or discolored teeth for a gorgeous tooth makeover.
- Acting as an anchor for a dental bridge.
- Acting as a part of a dental implant restoration.
What Kind of Dental Crowns Are Available?
If you’re thinking about using a dental crown to restore any of your teeth, you should know about the three different types of dental crowns that are available.
- Gold and metal-ceramic crowns are highly-durable and are normally used on back teeth. This is because there are hard forces from chewing and grinding that can cause dental damage. Plus, many patients don’t want metal in the front of their smile.
- Porcelain crowns are usually used for the front teeth because they look the most like natural teeth. Generally, porcelain crowns are more expensive than gold crowns because they take more time to personalize and match to your natural smile.
- Ceramic-veneered metal crowns are a hybrid of the dental crowns mentioned above. Porcelain coverings encase a metal substructure to provide the most durability and optimize aesthetics.
The type of crown that’s for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Your dentist in Rockville will be happy to discuss your best options during a scheduled consultation.
About Our Office
Here at Dlight Dental, our top priority is providing excellent dental care, which means that we allow a variety of options for patients to choose from when it comes to their personalized dental care. We know that every mouth is different, ever dental issue is different, and everyone has different lifestyles. We keep this in mind, providing you options that will best address your dental concern, fit your budget, and last with your lifestyle.
If you would like to meet with a dentist here at Dlight Dental, all you have to do is schedule a quick consultation to move forward with your dental care. Feel free to call us today!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.